Medical Billing And Coding School Los Angeles
Looking for classes in Medical Billing and Coding in Los Angeles? Do yourself a favor and check out NIU College. More people interested in Medical Billing and Coding in Los Angeles are turning to NIU College because of its solid reputation for setting the graduates on paths to success.
Here you will learn everything from health insurance and processing claims for reimbursement, to proper procedures for government claims such as Medicare, workers compensation, and much, much more. Our medical billing program provides students with in-depth knowledge, as well as hands-on training on computerized medical billing systems and patient, accounts applications.
NIU College faculty consists of experts passionate about helping students pursue a successful future in a career that has opportunities for growth. If you are interested in learning more about our programs, feel free to contact us with any questions. Take the first step today to training in a career that is secure, stable, and fulfilling.
Classes are starting soon. Don’t wait. Complete the short form today, and get enrolled.
Learn Medical Billing
Call 818-347-9400 or complete the secure form below to learn more about our affordable medical billing program.
We will not share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission.
Graduate in about 3 Months
Quickly move on to a satisfying career with our fast-track training.
Get placement assistance, interview coaching, and complimentary resume building.
Study with the knowledge that no one can match our combined value and quality.
WHAT DOES A MEDICAL BILLER DO?
Medical Billing is a vital part of the health care industry and one of the greatest careers in the medical field. Medical
Billers play an important role among health care providers, patients, and insurance companies. Without
Medical Billers the health care providers can’t get paid for the services they performed.
What is the difference between a Medical Biller and Medical Coder?
Medical Coding is a translation of medical procedures. Medical Coders learn how to translate a doctor’s diagnosis, medical procedures, outpatient procedures or even prescriptions into a numeric or alphanumeric code. For every injury, diagnosis, and medical procedure, there is a corresponding code. Medical Billing is turning these information and timely submission of bills to insurance companies, to pay the providers for the services rendered. The medical coder and medical biller may be the same person in smaller practices, or in larger practices could be different people who may work with each other to ensure invoices are paid properly.
Now is a very good time to look at a career in Medical Billing. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Medical Billing is one of the nation’s fastest-growing careers ( 13% from 2016-2026 ).
Medical Billers perform a variety of duties which include but is not limited to:
- Submit claims to insurance companies for patient procedures and treatments
- Obtain insurance referrals and pre-authorizations for patient procedures
- Understand insurance guidelines, including those for HMO/PPO, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Review patient bills for accuracy and fill in any missing information
- Check payments for accuracy
- Talk with insurance companies about payment discrepancies
- Collect delinquent accounts
- Answer phone inquiries from patients and insurance companies
- Verify eligibility and insurance benefits for patients
- Use medical billing software to prepare, review and bill insurances or patients
- Follow up with the payment if not received by the due date
- Work with patients on payment plans and work collection accounts
- Document all accounting and bookkeeping
Medical Billers can find employment at a variety of healthcare institutions, including:
- Physician’s offices
- Nursing care facilities
- Home health care services
- Urgent Cares
- Insurance Companies
- Private Medical Billing Facilities
PROGRAM QUICK FACTS (SUMMARY)
|Program Duration||12 Weeks|
|Program Tuition and Cost||$4,925|
|Required National Testing||None|
|Certification Awarded||Certificate in Medical Billing|
COURSES YOU WOULD TAKE FOR THIS PROGRAM
|MB 101||Commercial Claims||80 Hours|
|MB 102||Government Claims||80 Hours|
|MB 103||Managed Care, Claims, Patient Accounts, Collections||80 Hours|
ADD UP ALL THE BENEFITS
Once you consider all the ways you benefit from the NIU College experience, it’s an easy decision to make. Join our NIU family today!
- Lowest Tuition in town
- Small class size – 15 max vs. 30-40 at other colleges
- Weekday or Weekend classes available
- Excellent placement rate – with placement assistance
- Books, scrubs, stethoscope, pressure cuff, and all other lab materials included
- Refresher courses at no charge
- Resume writing and mock interview skills
- Community-oriented, family-style setting offering personal recognition
- NHA, NCCT approved testing site with in-house proctoring