BUILD A REWARDING MEDICAL CAREER WHILE HELPING OTHERS
CNAs are compassionate people who love helping and supporting their patients through difficult and sometimes painful procedures. CNAs must be team players, serving as liaisons between other medical professionals and their patients. This often involves recording and conveying important information concerning the condition of those under their care.
CNAs are found in nearly every healthcare field, serving in hospitals, long-term care facilities, rehabilitation centers, and hospices. They help patients with daily activities, maintaining patient hygiene and serving a vital role in the healthcare team.
Once you have completed the CNA training program, you will be prepared to take the certification exam and then be certified by the State of California Department of Public Health after meeting specific requirements.
Classes are starting soon. Don’t wait. Complete the short form today and get enrolled.
Learn How to Become a Certified Nurse Assistant
Complete the secure form below to learn more about our affordable certified nurse assistant program.
We will not share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission.
Graduate in 2 Months
Quickly move on to a satisfying career with our fast-track training.
Get placement assistance, interview coaching, and complimentary resume building.
Study with the knowledge that no one can match our combined value and quality.
WHAT DOES A CNA DO?
Certified Nurse Assistants are a very important part of the healthcare industry. They provide basic care for patients in hospitals, nursing care facilities, rehabilitation centers, home healthcare facilities, continuing care retirement communities, assisted living facilities for the elderly, and long-term care facilities, and nursing homes.
CNAs are usually physically active and may need to help lift or move patients, bathe them, dress them, or even feed them.
Nursing assistants must pass their state’s competency exam to become certified, after completing the state-approved program here at NIU College.
Certified Nurse Assistants perform a variety of duties which include but are not limited to:
- Clean and bathe patients or residents
- Transfer patients between beds and wheelchair, turn, and reposition them
- Listen to and record patients’ health concerns and report that information to nurses
- Recording observations in a patient chart, as part of his or her ongoing medical record
- Measure patients’ vital signs, such as blood pressure and temperature
- Help patients get dressed
- Serve meals and help patients eat
- Help patients to move around the facility, by doing such tasks as pushing wheel-chairs
- Clean equipment and facilities
- Change linens
PROGRAM QUICK FACTS (SUMMARY)
|Program Duration||4.5 – 6.5 Weeks|
|Program Tuition and Cost||$2,300|
|Required National Testing||Yes|
|Certification Awarded||California State License|
COURSES YOU WOULD TAKE FOR THIS PROGRAM
|Module 2||Patient’s Rights|
|Module 3||Interpersonal Skills|
|Module 4||Prevention Management|
|Module 5||Body Mechanics|
|Module 6||Medical & surgical Asepsis|
|Module 7||Weights & Measures|
|Module 8||Patient Care Skills|
|Module 9||Patient Care Procedures|
|Module 10||Vital Signs|
|Module 12||Emergency Procedures|
|Module 13||Long-Term Care Patient|
|Module 14||Rehabilitative Nursing|
|Module 15||Observation & Charting|
|Module 16||Death & Dying|
ADD UP ALL THE BENEFITS
Once you consider all the ways you benefit from the NIU College experience, it’s an easy decision to make. Join our NIU College family today!
- Lowest Tuition in town
- Small class size – 15 max vs. 30-40 at other colleges
- Weekday or Weekend classes available
- Excellent placement rate – with placement assistance
- Books, scrubs, stethoscope, pressure cuff, and all other lab materials included
- Refresher courses at no charge
- Resume writing and mock interview skills
- Community-oriented, family-style setting offering personal recognition